1. How did you get to become the Bed and Breakfast coach?
I had been running a B&B business as a hobby for around 5 years while my children were young and my husband was away with his job. When he lost his job in 2004, and couldn’t find another one, suddenly our only source of income was the B&B, and it was producing less than €10,000 / $15,000 a year which wasn’t enough. When the gas was cut off and the bailiffs arrived with the papers to take away our home, I realised that something had to change.
I got to work and in less than two years grew my little B&B business to making over €103,000 / $130,000 a year with just four rooms. I won 3 hospitality awards, a coveted online marketing award and wrote a book. Then I was invited to speak at industry events and other B&B owners started asking me for help.
So I set up Bed and Breakfast Coach and now help B&B owners worldwide to grow their businesses, make more money while freeing up their precious time. I have created a one-of-a-kind online learning centre that can be accessed from anywhere in the world with just a computer and an internet connection.
2. Who do you work with?
I work specifically with established small hospitality businesses with at least 3 rooms, where the owner/manager is the driving force of the business.
3. How are you different from all the others?
Everything I teach and share is based on what works, not theory from books. I have first hand experience of growing a small hospitality business quickly, and have a deep understanding of the unique challenges of this business and how to overcome them. I have taken everything I know about this business, plus all the online tools and technologies that I personally use in my own B&B and I’ve broken it down for you into a step-by-step curriculum that you will be able to access at any time online. I teach fundamental principles, not fads or tricks, and am living proof that what I teach works.
I have recorded over 20 hours of education and how-to information so you can follow along easily. Each step builds on the last and you can re-visit as often as you wish. It’s not just “what to do” but “how to do it” and in what sequence too.
Everything I teach is designed to empower you to grow your business, free up your precious time while having more fun and delighting your guests.
4. What type of personality do you work best with?
I work best with dynamic, positive, optimistic people who are willing to accept that what they’ve been doing has produced a certain result and in order to get a different result, they are going to have to change what they’re doing.
I have a “no-excuses” attitude, and so I work best with people who are solution focused but just need to know what to do and how to do it.
5. What will be expected of me if I work with you?
If we decide to work together, I expect you to be open to learning, willing to complete the assignments I give you and ask questions to get the help you need. I expect you to stay in the process for as long as it takes and let the process do its work. Here’s how it works:
Depending on which level you choose, you will receive:
- Access to my online library of my systems and processes, in the form of how-to videos, workbooks, templates and best practices.
- Coaching to keep you on track and moving forwards
- Accountability so we can see where your challenges are and address them (1:1 VIP coaching only)
6. Does it really work?
It works if you work at it. It’s not a magic pill and will take time for you to get results. The time it takes will depend on how well you commit yourself to the process. For some it’s very fast, and for others it takes longer, but everyone who stays in the process, does the assignments, shows up to the coaching calls and asks for help gets results.
7. Who doesn’t it work for?
It doesn’t work for people who want a quick fix, don’t want to change what they’re doing and have a pre-disposition to complaining and making excuses.
8. Can I see some testimonials of your work with other clients?
Yes, there are many testimonials and case studies by CLICKING HERE
9. How quickly can I expect results?
It depends on how fast you work and how committed you are. However, there is a lot to learn and you should expect the changes to take effect around 6 – 12 months.
10. How can I guarantee myself that I will get the results I want?
There are no guarantees in life, I wish there were! The only guarantee I can give you is that I and my team will support you through the process 100%. Keep in mind, I was once where you are now, and I know how it feels to be completely alone and feeling powerless, at the mercy of outside forces. Your best bet for your success is on yourself, with the help and guidance of an experienced coach.
11. How will we work together and what does your programme entail?
There are 3 options :
- VIP 1:1 Coaching where we work together for 6 months, and I devise a personalised strategy and timeline to take you step by step through the process of building a successful B&B business that you and your guests love and which takes you towards your personal goals. This 1:1 personalised programme works best for those who prefer a tailored approach and either want to streamline their business, free up their precious time, make more money or all three. You’ll have access to my entire online library of tutorials and how-to videos, workbooks and templates to help you plus weekly 1:1 calls, unlimited email access to me and accountability to keep you on track.
- Bed and Breakfast Marketing Breakthrough 90 Day Programme which takes you through the steps necessary to implement your three major systems – your guest attraction system, your increasing-guests-spend system and your repeats-referrals-and raving fans system using technology. This programme focusses entirely on your three systems to get more guests, sell more to booked in guests and how to make a compelling offer to invite past guests to return. It works best for those already running a small hospitality business but want to stop paying commissions to third parties, fill their rooms in the low season and make more money, without doing more work, but don’t have the budget for VIP 1:1 coaching. This is a 90 day home-study group programme delivered via 12 Modules, each one building on the last, with the added advantage of live weekly group Q&A calls and a private Facebook mastermind group where you’ll be able to get help and network with others on the programme.
- Bed and Breakfast Magic! Online Mentoring Programme is a 90 day entry-level programme for newbies and those who want to understand the basics on a limited budget. We begin with mindset, boundaries and goals, through financials, researching your ideal guests, setting up your website to attract them, online marketing strategies for reaching out to them, increasing the amount they spend with you, to inviting them to return. The programme is delivered through 8 Modules consisting of video tutorials, workbooks and templates and each month builds on the last.This is also a home-study programme with live monthly group Q&A calls and a private Facebook mastermind group where you’ll be able to network, share successes and challenges and ask for help.
12. I have a family and a busy life, how can I fit in around everything else?
I understand this challenge very well! The questions you must ask yourself are:
How much do I want to grow my business?
What is the personal cost to me if I keep on doing what I’m doing?
We all have 24 hours in a day and we all have the ability to choose what to focus on. If you’re really motivated and want to grow your business, you will find the time!
13. How do I get started?
To see if we’re a good fit for each other, your first step is to book a “Business Breakthrough Session by CLICKING HERE. I will ask you a few questions about your business via a short questionnaire in preparation for the call. On this call which typically lasts 30 – 45 minutes, we will establish where you are now, where you want to go and what’s holding you back.
Looking forward to speaking with you soon and assisting you in any way I can