A few friends and I are part of a small investment group, and we invest in private investments that look and feel good for us. Nothing fancy or weird, just ordinary investments in companies and ideas that we think will work. Anyway, a couple of years ago, one such opportunity came our way…
High Street real estate agents sell houses of all prices, and the ones where they make the most money are the high-end properties, which typically take a lot longer to sell, and so getting to the big money for them is a long drawn-out process.
About 10 years ago, in the UK, a group of real estate agents got together and decided to start using the internet to market their properties for sale and for rent, and they called this online platform, Rightmove.co.uk It has been hugely successful, and now Rightmove is international, with hundreds of independent estate agents and thousands buyers using the platform every day.
Video marketing on the internet is probably the fastest growing media for businesses of all sizes, and with Google buying YouTube, I think it would be fair to say that we haven’t even scratched the surface in the potential of video for business. Are you using video in your marketing? Thought not.
So putting the two together is the brain-child of Ben Rogers, John Hammond and their team at Property Search TV, and in just a couple of years with private investment money from investors like me and my friends, they have grown to be a force in the online video marketing and real estate world. Here’s how it works, from John:
- We send a professional local film crew and presenter to the property and make a film.
- We put this full length film on our website and also make it available to the vendor for their own marketing purposes.
- We then make a shorter version, usually of about 2 minutes duration. This is rather like a film ‘teaser’ – consisting of the property’s highlights; plus a link to the full version in the closing seconds. We place this second, shorter version of the film on YouTube and also on Rightmove, via our on-line estate agency.
- We have Property Showcase, a TV programme running on Sky TV. About 70% of the properties we film lend themselves to be featured on that programme. This would be the case for B&Bs around the world, without any doubt.
- A good demonstration of the core content of what we create for residential clients (80% of which are through their estate agency) is shown on our website Here, a full presenter-led tour appears, usually between 9 and 15 minutes long, depending on the size of the property.
- We price each film on the number of rooms filmed rather than the size of the property. That makes it a scalable cost.
- Finally, from February we are providing Yahoo’s property & finance pages with short films. These pages get 1.6 million hits a month. We can choose the content we upload, so again B&Bs would be of significant interest.
- The cost of this service, fully inclusive would be between £600 and £1100 per property, depending on the number of rooms filmed. All properties get a general introduction to the area and an over view of the property as a standard intro-outro segment.
Sound interesting? Here’s what you do now….
Contact John Hammond at email@example.com where they are offering a very special deal for my contacts. Mention me, Yvonne Halling to get the deal.
To your success!